Colegas que traducen literatura a inglés:
La convocatoria cierra el 15 de agosto de 2016 y la pueden consultar en este enlace:
Aquí algunos de los puntos más importantes:
- A ten to twelve page sample is required for the submission.
- The PEN/Heim Translation Fund provides grants to support the translation of book-length works of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, or drama that have not previously appeared in English in print or have appeared only in an outdated or otherwise flawed translation.
- Works should be translations-in-progress, as the grant aims to provide support for completion.
- There are no restrictions on the nationality or citizenship of the translator, but the works must be translated into English.
- The Fund seeks to encourage translators to undertake projects they might not otherwise have had the means to attempt.
- Anthologies with multiple translators, works of literary criticism, and scholarly or technical texts do not qualify.
- As of 2008, translators who have previously been awarded grants by the Fund are ineligible to reapply for three years after the year in which they receive a grant.
- Please note that projects that have been previously submitted and have not received a grant are unlikely to be reconsidered in a subsequent year.
- Projects may have up to two translators.
- Translators may only submit one project per year.
Este año el premio está abierto a traducción de poesía y fungirá como jurado la escritora Idra Novey. El ganador recibe $1,000 dólares y la publicación de su traducción en la revista.
Pueden consultar todos los detalles en este enlace: